- Using music centers for the first time in all levels - my favorite centers were when you all had the opportunity to improvise on all of string instrument and make up your own songs
- "In the Hall of the Mountain King" - the story of Peer Gynt. This 5th grade lesson is always a fan favorite. if you don't know this song listen to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRpzxKsSEZg
- Our winter program "Christmas Spectacular" - you kids looked so CUTE! ...and your performance was outstanding! Thanks to all the teachers and parents who helped.
- Several grants were honored to us: with supplies including a digital piano, a beautiful carpet, soprano ukuleles, a tenor ukulele, a concert ukulele, a baritone ukulele, a pineapple ukulele, a banjo ukulele and a trip for 75 students to see a play at the Portsmouth Music Hall. WOW! That could not have happened without so many generous donors. (I'll post more about this later.)
- A visit for 2nd graders to the Portsmouth Music Hall to see "Alexander and Terrible, Horrible No Good Very Bad day."
- The Jungle Book play at McClelland School- what a fun, fabulous, show!
- Kibungo - sing, dancing and acting all in one lesson. So much fun!
- The song "Sing" - I think we may have sung it a bazillion times??? LOVE THAT SONG!!! If you missed the citywide performance you can watch and listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_ckZ3CLcLA
- Music Share Week - This is always one of my favorite weeks of the year! Thanks so much for sharing all of your talents! You all had such wonderful music to share.
- Hearing the soundtrack from "Frozen" far far too many times to count and all of the fun humor that came along with it!
If you would like to donate to any of our classroom projects please follow this link:
Mrs. Pedrick's Donors Choose Projects!